Steps For UAN Activation
The importance of Universal account number – UAN for an employee cannot be denied. This is introduced by the Government of India for the benefit of employee. Now it is very important to have a UAN in place. This is a portable number and you can give it to every company you switch. It is a 12 digit number as allotted by the EPFO to every individual who is contributing to the PF.
UAN is provided by the employer and is mentioned on the salary slip. In case it is not there, you can get it from the HR Department otherwise you won’t be able to login into your UAN member portal.
Benefits of UAN Activation
UAN has made the employees independent and they no longer need the involvement of the employer to transfer or withdraw the PF. Because of this UAN it is very easy now to transfer the PF from one PF account to the other. Once the UAN is activated, the members can avail the following facilities.
- Regular updation of UAN Passbook.
- You can download and print the UAN Card.
- Check PF status.
- KYC details addition or correction.
- Checking the transfer claim file.
- Registering the member ID with UAN.
- Track your withdrawal claim request.
- Easy transfer of PF from one account to the other
- Easy PF withdrawal without any intervention from the employee.
- Check the PF balance through SMS alerts.
How can you generate the UAN?
To generate the UAN, you need your EPF Account number, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number and name.
How to activate the UAN at the Unified Portal?
After generating the UAN, it is important to activate the same. Below mentioned is the process of activation of UAN.
- Visit the Official website of the EPFO Unified portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Select UAN Activation Link and then press Submit.
- Enter the details in the Login form and fill in the required details.
- Universal Account Number
- EPF Member ID
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- The EPF number serves as member ID so do not get confused.
- You can activate the UAN login either through UAN number or PF number on Unified UAN portal
- Also only Aadhaar and Pan Card facilitate the activating of UAN. Therefore only these two documents should be provided to the new employer for EPF and UAN generation.
- Enter your full name, Birth date, mobile number and the email id.
- If your mobile number is present and confirmed in the EPFO portal, you can easily retrieve the password. Click on Forgot Password and follow the instructions.
- Enter the Captcha code and then submit your application form.
- Next step is of mobile number authorization for which you will get a PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the PIN you received and then submit the application form
- Details such as Name, birth date, mobile number and the employer details will automatically display on the screen which you will need to verify and create a password. This password must be Alphanumeric along with 1 special character and should be 8-25 characters long.
- Last step is to enter the email id and submit your form.
- After the completion of this process, you will receive a SMS notifying successful registration and activation of UAN on the Unified portal.
How to activate the UAN on the EPF portal?
The UAN is written in the salary slip. You can easily activate the UAN from the EPF portal. Follow the steps below for the same:
- Visit the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in
- Go to Our Service then click Employees and then click UAN activation.
- At the right corner of the screen, select the EPFO-UAN service.
- You may download the user manual if required from the link but it is optional.
- Click on the UAN member portal.
- Select “Activate your UAN” and click on the checkbox
- Enter the information in the compulsory fields for the activation of UAN.
- Fill in the UAN as allocated to you and along with your mobile number
- Then you are required to select your state and the office.
- Fill in the establishment code and EPF number or Aadhaar Or PAN card or UAN (You may enter any one of these)
- After this you are required to enter the character or Captcha displayed in the box and then you must click on the Authorize
- You will now get a PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the checkbox and enter the PIN as you have received.
- Enter submit
- You will be now redirected to a new page.
- The name of the employee will be shown on the screen, cross check the spellings once.
- Fill in the required details and then create a username and password.
- Enter details such as name of the father, birth date etc.
- Click on create and then enter the password once.
- Enter the same password again for confirmation.
- Now enter your email address and click submit.
- The SMS of UAN registration will now be received on the registered mobile number
Once you have activated your UAN account, you must return and log in the UAN again by putting in the username and password.
How to check the UAN Status?
You can check the UAN status with the help of PF number but in case you don’t remember it, you won’t be able to check your status. To check the status of UAN, you must follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the member portal of EPFO.
- Below the Login form you will see the options of checking UAN status.
- Select UAN Status
- Choose your state and PF office
- Fill in your PF number as well as the establishment code
- Hit the check status button
- You will immediately see your UAN status. If your UAN is activated you can directly contact your employer and share screenshot of the same.
How to download UAN card?
Below mentioned are the steps to download the UAN card.
- Go to the UAN member portal.
- Find the download option and click on the tab that says download UAN card
- You may either print it or save it.
Steps of UAN Login after activation:
After the completion and activation of UAN on the UAN Portal, employee can now Login on the UAN portal. The UAN acts as user id and the password is same that you entered at the time of UAN activation.
Procedure for UAN Activation through PF number:
The employer can activate the UAN through the PF number. Below is the procedure of the same.
- Employers visit the official website http://www.uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- Enter the required details and the documents for example PF Number, State, Region, and PF Office.
- Then they can “Activate” UAN Status through the PF Number of the employee.
Procedure for UAN Activation through Mobile number:
The employer can activate the UAN through the Mobile number. Below is the procedure of the same.
- Employer fill in the details such as birth date, name of the member, password and then they confirm the password.
- The employee then receives the PIN number on their registered mobile Number.
- Eventually, they verify the PIN and the UAN Activation process is done.